Interested in the claims made by testosterone boosters?
You’re not alone.
What man wouldn’t want to take something that can help increase muscle and boost energy and your libido?
However, the world of health supplements can be a bit dicey. It’s important to understand exactly what’s in the testosterone boosters you’re considering, and what each ingredient does for you.
The reality is that after age 30, your testosterone levels will start to decline. Keeping T levels high is a vital part of increasing muscle mass, getting stronger, and keeping your sex drive high. Let’s see how do testosterone boosters work.
Why Take Testosterone Boosters?
Testosterone boosters are supplements aimed at naturally increasing your testosterone levels. These supplements are meant to help you recover faster from exercise. They make it easier to build strong muscles.
Naturally declining testosterone in men over 30 can lead to a condition called hypogonadism, or “Low T”. Low T has a lot of really unpleasant effects, such as erectile dysfunction, low motivation, insomnia, depression, and more.
Unfortunately, the normal medical treatment of Low T involves hormone replacement medications, and they have some pretty terrible side effects. Side effects include prostate cancer, headaches, vomiting, hair loss, and even shrinkage of the testicles.
As a result, men who struggle with the symptoms of Low T often look toward testosterone boosters as a natural way to boost their T. These have fewer side effects than other more aggressive medications.
The benefits of testosterone boosters include the reversal of many of the symptoms of Low T.
A boosted sex drive,increased energy, increased muscle mass, and reversal of insomnia and depression all make testosterone boosters a popular solution among men.
What Makes Testosterone Boosters Effective?
Different testosterone boosters have different ingredients, although generally, the test supported supplements have a lot of commonalities. The ingredients work in your body to either increase testosterone or to inhibit how much of your T is converted to estrogen.
Here are some of the ingredients that have been shown to make a difference in the T level:
- D-Aspartic Acid (D-AA) – D-AA is an amino acid that naturally occurs in the body. Scientists in Italy in 2009 found that subjects who took 3 grams of D-AA per day for 12 days had a 42% increase in testosterone levels.
- Tribulus Terrestris (TT). TT has shown evidence that it can elevate a hormone that stimulates your body to make more testosterone. TT has shown a strong effect on libido levels, which for many men is one of the key reasons they are interested in a supplement.
- Fenugreek. Despite the name, this plant is produced primarily in India, but more importantly, it can help you elevate your T levels. A study done in Texas showed that men who supplemented with Fenugreek saw significant increases in strength during eight straight weeks, where the placebo group only saw improvement for four weeks. It seems fenugreek can help you get beyond the dreaded plateau!
- ZMA. A combination of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6, ZMA is a common ingredient in testosterone boosters. ZMA is often used as a recovery aid to help the body achieve deeper REM sleep. A study of Division II football players showed that ZMA and can also increase muscular strength and T levels in the body.
In the end, you’ll want to carefully examine the testosterone boosters available and choose one that has ingredients shown to work. Research any additional ingredients as well, to ensure that they are effective and haven’t shown any side effects.
Using natural testosterone boosters is a great way to help your body recover from Low T and boost your ability to gain strength, without the harsh side effects of direct hormone boosting treatments.
How You Can Help Testosterone Boosters Work
Now that you know what specific ingredients to look for in an effective testosterone booster, it’s important to note that the supplements are not a magic pill.
You’ll have to do your part to help the testosterone boosters work in terms of helping you gain muscle mass, energy, and better sleep. Your habits can help or hinder these supplements and affect what results you get.
Here are important steps for you to take to increase the effectiveness of the testosterone boosters you choose:
- Get regular sleep. A supplement can’t help you achieve REM sleep if you don’t have a regular night and morning routine. Be sure you plan ahead to get to bed at a good hour and get up at around the same time every day. This will help your restorative rest be far more effective.
- Start workouts with compound moves. Studies show that anabolic response is larger if you do compound moves first, and move into isolation exercises afterward. So, start out with exercises like bench presses and squats, and move into bicep curls and other single muscle moves later.
- Short workouts with short rest. Testosterone levels have been shown to be higher if you keep your workouts under an hour without reducing volume. Keep your rest periods to 90 seconds or less and try to get done in less than 60 minutes.
- Don’t give up. Taking testosterone boosters won’t turn you into Hercules overnight. No matter what supplements you use, you’re helping your body with its natural processes. That means you still have to put in the hard work and not quit!
Let’s face it – the side effects of hormone replacement are nasty.
Testosterone boosters can be a great solution for men who are struggling with the symptoms of Low T, or men over 30 who are frustrated by their lack of progress at the gym.
Instead, use natural testosterone boosters with ingredients that have been scientifically shown to make a difference in T levels, increase energy, boost sex drive, and help you build lean muscle more quickly. The facts that you’ll sleep better and suffer less depression are also great benefits!
Testosterone boosters work when they have ingredients in them that naturally work with your body’s natural chemistry to increase T levels. If you’re ready to get results, grab one today!